Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
November 17, 2012* The crowd for this game is crazy small. I'm pretty shocked. This is just before kickoff.
* Kendal Thompson was working with the receivers before the game during warmups. That seemed a little different.
* Kickoff weather is 47 degrees. Clear with temperatures falling into the upper 30s.
* It got quite a bit colder when the sun went down.
OU FIRST POSSESSION
* My apologies, my laptop decided to do a lengthy Windows service pack update as the game started.
* Lane Johnson had some really rough moments in this first drive but then Daryl Williams had to leave the game due to an injury. The doctors took a long look at his right leg on the sidelines.
* He's up and walking around right now, but he's not back int eh game. Now he's sitting down again.
* OU has driven down to the WVU 5-yard line. Landry has converted some big third downs, WVU has been offsides a couple of times and their secondary has already been abused a couple of times.
* We're in a very lengthy timeout after a WVU injury.
* Belldozer in at the 4-yard line. No gain on the play and Landry comes back in on 3rd-and-Goal from the 4-yard line.
* Landry hits Trey Millard for a 4-yard touchdown.
OKLAHOMA 7 WEST VIRGINIA 0
* OU scoring drive went 13 plays, 75 yards and took 3:59 off the clock.
WEST VIRGINIA TAKES OVER AT THEIR OWN 21-YARD LINE AFTER 19-YARD KO RETURN
* Tom Wort tackles Bailey on a jet sweep for no gain on first down.
* Austin runs on 2nd down and Casey Walker bursts through line of scrimmage. WVU no gain again.
* Tony Jefferson whiffs on a one-on-one tackle and WVU picks up a first down. Sooners have no linebackers on the field right now.
* Mike Stoops burning into his timeouts early after a nine-yard run by West Virginia. They've reached their own 45-yard.
* OU is daring West Virginia to run the ball and they are.
* Aaron Colvin picks off Smith. Ball went right to Colvin when he stepped right in front of the route. WVU receiver and Smith were not on the same page.
OU TAKES OVER ON WVU 33-YARD LINE AFTER THE RETURN BY COLVIN
* OU offense stalls out after converting one third down and Micheal Hunnicutt comes in to kick a 32-yard field goal.
OKLAHOMA 10 WEST VIRGINIA 0
WEST VIRGINIA TAKES OVER
* West Virginia really upping the tempo on this drive. They cross midfield. OU has no linebackers in the game again and Tavon Austin runs down to the 11 yard line. A 31-yard run.
* Mike Stoops is basically forcing West Virginia to run the ball and it's worked on this drive for the Mountaineers.
* West Virginia kicks a short field goal through the uprights and wins a year's supply of Carl's Jr.
OKLAHOMA 10 WEST VIRGINIA 3
OU TAKES OVER
* Trey Metoyer ladies and gentlemen! 18-yard completion.
* Damien Williams then loses 7 yards on 1st down. 2nd-and-17.
END OF THE FIRST QUARTER. OU 10 WVU 3
* Tress Way on to punt for OU. First punt tonight for either team.
WEST VIRGINIA TAKES OVER AT THE 14-YARD LINE
* Damien Williams fumbles it right back to West Virginia.
* Punt, pass, kick and fumble.
WEST VIRGINIA TAKES OVER AT OU'S 48-YARD LINE
* Geno Smith completes a 17-yard pass. WVU at the OU 18-yard line and driving.
* OU gets screwed on a pass interference call and WVU at the 7-yard line after the screw job.
* West Virginia pulls off 4th-and-Goal from the 1-yard line. Touchdown. They got that one too easy.
OKLAHOMA 10 WEST VIRGINIA 10
OU TAKES OVER ON THE 24-YARD LINE
* Landry and Heupel need to respond here. This could be a turning point for this game.
* Jones to Saunders for a 76-yard touchdown. WVU defense looked atrocious on that one. Just some terrible attempts at tackling a man with a football.
OKLAHOMA 17 WVU 10
* Drive was 2 plays, 76 yards and :18
WEST VIRGINIA TAKES OVER
* OU seems to be getting a handle on this WVU offense all of a sudden.
* Mountaineers punting again.
OU TAKES OVER ON THEIR OWN 24-YARD LINE AFTER A JUSTIN BROWN FAIR CATCH
* Nice screen pass followed up by OU first big run from Damien Williams. OU quickly down to the WVU 35-yard line.
* Landry just carving up West Virginia's secondary. They are playing a ridiculously soft zone.
* Four-yard TD pass from Jones to Stills.
OKLAHOMA 24 WEST VIRGINIA 10
WEST VIRGINIA TAKES OVER AND HITS A LONG PASS TO AUSTIN. AT THE OU 50-YARD LINE
* 33 yard pass to Steadman Bailey for a WVU TD.
OKLAHOMA 24 WEST VIRGINIA 17
SOONERS TAKE OVER
* Damien Williams has not played well, but he's racking up the yards. That was a monster 48-yard run for a TD.
OKLAHOMA 31 WVU 17
* Sooners take just 1:25 off the clock, 4 plays and go 75 yards.
OKLAHOMA INTERCEPTS SMITH. JAVON HARRIS RETURNS TO WVU 39-YARD LINE
* Damien Williams is going off all of a sudden. 9 yard gain. OU at WVU 30-yard line.
* Blake Bell comes in and runs for 10 yards on 2nd-and-short.
* OU now at the WVU 20-yard line. 2nd-and-10.
* Hunnicutt misses a 37-yard field goal.
* Fox must be missing their replay truck this week. They are doing a horrible job of showing replays.
START OF SECOND HALF
* West Virginia starts it out with a bang breaking a 74 yard touchdown run by Tavon Austin.
OKLAHOMA 31 WVU 24
OKLAHOMA 38 WVU 24
Seriously, I can barely keep up. 52-yard pass to Sterling Shepard. Justin Brown leaves game after getting clipped from behind after a reception. He was replaced by Durron Neal on the TD pass to Stills.
* Stills has been working the WVU defenders all day on corner routes and fades. They have no chance when Landry puts it up in the corner.
WVU DRIVING AT THE OU 36-YARD LINE
* Tony Jefferson with a massive whiff. WVU down to the 13-yard line.
* Tom Wort with the whiff on Geno Smith. He gains six yards instead of taking the sack.
* Time out for a measurement WVU had fourth-and-inches from the 5-yard line.
* Tavon Austin just makes OU defense look silly.
* But then WVU misses the extra point.
OKLAHOMA 38 WEST VIRGINIA 30
OKLAHOMA TAKES OVER
* Sooners run game now looking like it did early in the game. OU drive stalls at midfield and they must punt it away.
* OU probably not throwing it enough tonight.
WEST VIRGINIA TAKES OVER AT THE 21-YARD LINE WITH 2:30 REMAINING IN THIRD QUARTER
* Just a 27-yard punt from Tress Way.
* Tavon Austin goes 56 yards on the first play after the punt. WVU down to the OU 24-yard line.
* Colvin drops an interception in the endzone.
* Now 3rd-and-6 and Smith runs for 5 yards . 4th-and-1 and Buie gets stuffed. OU takes over on downs.
OKLAHOMA TAKES OVER
* Landry hits a huge third-and-long at the end of the third quarter. Jalen Saunders on the catch.
END OF THE THIRD QUARTER. OKLAHOMA 38 WEST VIRGINIA 30
Landry Jones throws an interception to WVU as he threw it up for grabs while under duress. Stills was the intended receiver but ball was underthrown and back toward middle of field. Stills was near the sideline and couldn't get back to make a play on the ball.
This game is a mess to describe. OU's tackling is horrific at times. West Virginia has to go for two here to try and tie.
WEST VIRGINIA SCORES BUT TWO-POINT ATTEMPT IS NO GOOD. OU 38 WVU 36
* OU back on offense trying to find some rhythm offensively. They've lost their mojo.
* This isn't the Notre Dame/KState style of game. But it still boils down to what went wrong in those games. OU let the other team make the biggest plays.
* As I type that, Gabe Ikard flubs the snap and Landry has to fall on it. OU now has to punt it away.
* WVU could take control of this with 7:33 remaining and trailing 38-36.
WEST VIRGINIA TAKES OVER ON THE 15-YARD LINE WITH 7:33 REMAINING
* Tavon Austin has 433 all-purpose yards. A new Big 12 record.
* I've got to head down to the field before the elevators stop taking us. Postgame wrapup to come. Gonna be an interesting finish.
* And before I can go down. Tavon Austin takes off for 53 yards. Flags on the play. Hands to face on OU defense.
* Also sideline infraction on OU.
WEST VIRGINIA 1ST-AND-GOAL FROM 8 YARD LINE
TOUCHDOWN STEADMAN BAILEY FOR WVU. 8-YARD TD PASS FROM SMITH. WEST VIRGINIA LEADS 42-38 WITH EXTRA POINT TO COME.
WEST VIRGINIA 43 OKLAHOMA 38
7:12 remaining in the game.
Austin with 487 all-purpose yards now.
* 2 plays 85 yard TD drive. OU defense reeling like we've rarely seen it. Maybe never.
* WVU has now surpassed Robert Griffin III and Baylor's yardage given up last season. Worst defensive performance in OU history just happened tonight.