Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
October 19, 2013Oklahoma gets set to take on the Jayhawks in Lawrence inside a half-full Memorial Stadium. We've got just a little over 10 minutes remaining before kickoff.
* Some players such as Alex Ross, David Smith and Taylor McNamara did not travel with the team today. Tim Kish is also on crutches. Strange.
* I cannot find Torrea Peterson on the sideline. That's pretty rough news. You'd think we'd see some Quincy Russell today.
SOONERS TAKE OVER AT THE 25-YARD LINE
* Lots of misdirection on first play. Trey Millard gets a short pass that goes for 13 yards. Good imagination on offense to start.
* Brennan Clay just became the nail on his his first run. He got crushed.
* Clay tackled for a loss on 2nd down. OU offensive line? Terrible blocking. 3rd-and-13.
* OU runs an option on 3rd-and-forever and picks up 8 yards but has to punt.
* Terrible punt by Jed Barnett. It only goes 27 yards.
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT THEIR 30-YARD LINE
* KU picks up 20 yards running the football on it's first two run plays
* KU rips off a 20-yard run to the OU 9-yard line. OU just getting manhandled up front again by this KU defense.
* Kansas just embarrassing Oklahoma physically in this first drive. KANSAS!
* Heaps does his Case McCoy impersonation and throws a TD pass.
OU 0 KU 7
10 plays, 70 yards 4:44 drive by Kansas. Only two passes by the Jayhawks.
* This defense appears to be screwed. No Torrea Peterson and Jordan Wade took every snap on that defensive series at DT.
OKLAHOMA STARTS ON THEIR OWN 25-YARD LINE
* Durron Neal did get the start in this game which I thought was a great idea. He was good with Bell against TCU. Non-existent against Texas.
* Hard to give offensive analysis right now. They keep going three and out. Offense sucks right now. That's my analysis.
* Eddie Rado reports from the field. Julian Wilson is being looked at with a left shoulder injury.
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT 29
Another big run for Kansas 12 yards. OU can't stop the run game.
OU took out Jordan Wade at DT and put Chuka Ndulue in his place.
* Obvious Quincy Russell still not seen as the answer with Ndulue moving in there.
* Striker slows down KU offense with a sack. Heaps just took to long to get rid of it. Good coverage by OU secondary.
OKLAHOMA TAKES OVER AT 25 YARD LINE
* Josh Heupel lets Blake Bell run and it goes for 27 yards.
* Keith Ford fumbles after a nice run and Kansas recovers.
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT OWN 32-YARD LINE
* Kansas runs it right up the gut for 38 yards. This OU rush defense is terrible. Jordan Wade is back in there. Chuka wasn't the answer either.
Only thing that has saved OU is Striker getting a sack so far today.
* Kansas rushed for 118 yards in the first quarter.
* TD Kansas. This is getting crazy.
OU TAKES OVER
* OU going for it on fourth down except they let the clock run out. Delay of game. Smooth.
* Can I just come back and give analysis when OU stops sucking so much?
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT THE 3-YARD LINE
* Just think, 97 more yards of rushing stats await the Jayhawks now.
* Jayhawks have picked up 19 of those rushing yards so far.
* Dallis Tood tweets out "Oklahoma you're really pissing me off".
* The only way this gets worse right now is if an OU LB commit decommits and commits somewhere else before the end of the game.
* Bell throws an interception. Flag on the play though. Then Lacoltan Bester gets decked on the KU sideline but no call. OU just getting bullied.
* Bell comes back and throws a dart down to the 14-yard line hitting Jalen Saunders. OU in business here.
* Bell hits Jaz Reynolds on a great throw. 16-yard TD pass. Hunnicutt missed the extra point.
OKLAHOMA 6 KANSAS 13
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT 25-YARD LINE
* 15-yard run to star teh possession but a flag is down. Holding on KU OL.
* Last score won't matter if OU can't stop run today. Which it doesn't look like they ever will.
Chuka back out there at DT.
* KU put in new QB and he sucks. It's 3rd-and-19. Tapper with a great tackle for a loss.
* KU loses focus on the fact they can run right at OU and they start running wide. Good news for OU as KU has to punt.
* Matt Dimon blocks a punt and ball is kicked out of the endzone by KU. OU gets a safety.
OU 8 KANSAS 13
OU gets the ball back with 4:42 remaining in the first half with a chance to take the lead. Crazy game.
FINCH RETURNS KICKOFF TO THE KU 49-YARD LINE
* Finch killed a guy running striaght into him. He's not actually dead.
* Reverse pass from Lacoltan Bester to Sterling Shepard for a 49-yard TD pass.
OU 15 KANSAS 13 WITH 4:24 remaining in first half
* Not sure if Bester can run the zone read, but maybe give him a shot?
OU DRIVES TO THE KU 20-YARD LINE
* Bell throws three straight incompletions. That was bizarre. Every pass was overthrown. Hunnicutt kicks a 37-yard field goal.
OU 18 KU 13
* Bell made a couple of nice passes and then three straight horrible ones.
END OF THE FIRST HALF
OKLAHOMA 18 KANSAS 13
OU 204 KU 173
BLAKE BELL 8-OF-14 FOR 87 YARDS AND 1 TD
BELL 4 FOR 36 YARDS
* Kansas had 118 yards at the end of the first quarter. Their rushing totals fell to just 37 yards in the second quarter.
* The Jayhawks are still averaging 6 yards per carry even with that falloff.
* After not having a catch last week against Texas, Sterling Shepard has three catches for 66 yards at halftime. That leads all reeivers in catches and yards.
* Julian Wilson is back out of the halftime locker room without shoulder pads.
START OF SECOND HALF
KU TAKES OVER AT 27-YARD LINE
* If the Sooners don't have to get worried about getting beat with the pass, you'd think they'd start blitzing more safeties, corners in the run game. Looks like that's what they're doing here early.
* Tapper sacks Heaps.
OU TAKES OVER ON OWN 42-YARD LINE
* Keith Ford hasn't played since he fumbled.
* Blake Bell runs again for a lot of yards. 15 yard gain.
* Sterling Shepard jukes half the Jayhawk team out of their jocks and scores a TD on a short pass from Bell. A 10-yard TD pass.
OKLAHOMA 25 KANSAS 13
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT 35-YARD LINE AFTER HODGSON KICKS IT OUT OF BOUNDS
* Is OU finally taking control of this game?
* OU doing a much better job of getting Saunders and Shepard involved in the passing game today. Point for Heupel.
* Adam Shead is down.
* Sooners continue to ride Shepard and Saunders on this drive.
* Bell missed a wide open Ripkowski on 4th-and-2. He decides to throw an interception instead.
* Can't blame Heupel's play-calling on that failed 4th-down attempt. Ripkowski came wide open and Bell didn't see it in time.
END OF THE THIRD QUARTER
OKLAHOMA 25 KANSAS 13
TOTAL OFFENSE: OU 327 KU 191
* One aspect of the OU offense that hasn't quite got on track (Millard set it in motion a bit) is the rushing yards by actual running backs.
KANSAS BLOCKS OU PUNT
The OU punt team has kind of checked out here late in the game. Kansas with the ball at the six yard line and then Sims runs in with a TD.
* OH CRAP, IT'S A BALLGAME AGAIN
* Colvin picks up the extra point and returns it for two points for OU.
OKLAHOMA 27 KU 19 WITH 10:15 REMAINING IN THE GAME
* OU takes over and runs, runs, runs. Mainly behind Roy Finch. All the way inside the 20-yard line with just under 7:00 remaining.
* Smart to salt it away with the run. Bell was a bit shaky before that punt was blocked.
* Fumble review going on for Bell. We've got to head down to the field. 5:49 remaining and OU up 27-19.