Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
October 20, 2012
KU: Sooners back home against Jayhawks
* The only early developments in pregame seems to be that Marquis Anderson is not dressed out. The redshirt freshmen DT had tweeted out a message earlier this week that said: "#suspended".
* Torrea Peterson is suited out for the Sooners and appears ready to go if needed.
* A check through the rest of the roster shows that all key players on offense and defense are suited up.
* Notre Dame pulls out the 17-14 win and keeps next week huge as long as OU takes care of business tonight.
* Starting lineups being announced right now. Sooners still haven't come on field.
Cheerleaders lining up now for the tunnel entrance.
* It's homecoming and the student section is pretty sparse right now.
* Intro video is over and Sooners are coming out of the locker room.
* Sooners will kickoff to Kansas to start the game.
KANSAS BEGINS THE GAME ON OFFENSE FROM THEIR OWN 8-YARD LINE
* KU return man muffed the catch at the goal line and OU was right on top of him.
* Sooners out with pretty standard defense for Mike Stoops. King, McFarland, Walker, R.J. Washington the front four. Corey Nelson and Tom Wort at LB.
KU running the ball to start the game.
* Chuka Ndulue picks up a sack. 2nd-and-12.
* Jayhawks convert a 3rd-and-long and now sit at their own 31-yard line.
* Sooners finally hold. Kansas took a lot of time off the clock but didn't go that far. They'll punt it away to OU after punchiung it out to their 36-yard line.
SOONERS TAKE OVER AT THEIR OWN 28-YARD LINE AFTER A 17-YARD PUNT RETURN BY JUSTIN BROWN
* Kansas State already up 3-0 on West Virginia.
* Texas Tech and TCU in overtime tied 36-36.
* Jalen Saunders starting at receiver for Oklahoma.
* Sooners start with four wides. Saunders, Stills, Brown and Shepard.
* Landry starts out slinging it all over the place. Sooners already down to the KU 25-yard line. Millard, Williams, Brown, Saunders have all caught passes from Jones.
* Millard drops an easy touchdown pass right down the middle of the field. Sooners just plowing through this KU defense early.
* Landry and Brown on a completely different play. Landry sails it into never never land.
* Hunnicutt hits a 33-yard field goal to give the Sooners the early lead.
OKLAHOMA 3 KANSAS 0
Scoring drive was 8 plays, 53 yards and took 2:50 off the clock.
* West Virginia forced to punt on their first possession. KSU taking over deep in their own territory up 3-0 as well.
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT THE 12-YARD LINE AFTER A GREAT TACKLE BY JAYDAN BIRD
* Kansas offense actually much better than Texas' at this point. They've got 42 yards of total offense so far with 7:05 remaining in the first quarter.
* Kansas running a lot of misdirection in the run game. OU is bending a bit. They're approaching midfield now at their own 42-yard line.
* Tony Jefferson is going to lead the defense in tackles with all these runs to the outside. He currently has five tackles, which lead the team.
SOONERS TAKE OVER AT THE 13-YARD LINE AFTER A FAIR CATCH BY JUSTIN BROWN
* West Virginia's secondary is not ready to play in this league. They are really bad.
* Tech and TCU are now in triple overtime. TCU kicks a field goal, Tech is driving for the winning TD now inside the 10-yard line.
* Tech wins 56-53 in 3OT. KSU just scored again to go up 10-0 in Morgantown.
* Sooners back to three WRs. Saunders for a huge gain. 28 yards to the OU 46-yard line.
Landry might throw for 400 tonight.
* Jones throws the long ball to Kenny Stills for a 44-yard TD pass. Just hit Stills on a post down the middle of the field. Great throw, great catch.
OKLAHOMA 10 KU 0
* Scoring drive was 4 plays, 87 yards and just took :58.
* Landry Jones is 8-of-10 for 130 yards with 3:49 remaining in the first quarter.
KU BEGINS AT THEIR OWN 28-YARD LINE
* Nick Hodgson is kicking off for OU tonight and they look ugly.
* Ibiloye out on coverage on third-and-6 and he does a great job defending. Jayhawks must punt.
* Landry ready to go back to work.
* Brown fumbles the punt return.
KU TAKES OVER AT OU 11-YARD LINE AFTER JUSTIN BROWN FUMBLES PUNT RETURN AND RECOVERED BY KU
* Javon Harris nearly intercepts Cummings in the endzone.
* Before that, Dayne Crist showed why he never could play at Notre Dame. An awful throw.
* Crist then gets lit up and fumbles. Casey Walker attempts to scoop and score at the 28-yard line and actually gets all the way to the KU 28-yard line.
OU TAKES OVER AT THE 28-YARD LINE
* Tom Wort on the sack and forced fumble. Walker credited with a 45-yard return.
END OF THE FIRST QUARTER. OU FIRST-AND-10 FROM THE 14-YARD LINE TO START THE SECOND QUARTER
* Back to action and KSU about to score again on WVU already up 10-0.
* Belldozer coming in on 3rd-and-3.
* Sooners call a timeout. They had Roy Finch and Kenny Stills at receiver with Bird and Millard in to block in the backfield.
* KState takes a 17-0 lead over West Virginia. They are the real deal.
* OU women's basketball ticket promo video says, "No multi-million dollar contracts. No problem." What does that even mean? What WNBA players have multi-million dollar contracts?
* Millard just detonated a KU defender and Bell walks into the endzone for a TD.
OKLAHOMA 17 KANSAS 0
* Scoring drive was 7 plays, 28 yards and 3:17. Bell for a 2-yard TD run.
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT THEIR OWN 26-YARD LINE
* Frank Shannon in the game for Tom Wort.
* Aaron Franklin is also in the game and makes a stop on 3rd-and-short. Looks like spot gives 1st down to KU though.
* Kansas is trying to go like Stanford big out there on offense.
* Frank Shannon comes clean on a blitz up the middle and forces an errant throw on third-down. KU can't get to midfield and will have to punt to Brown.
* Brown scores a TD on the punt return. Sure there will be a review, but he leaped into the endzone. A 90-yard punt return for TD.
Nice way to make up for that fumble.
OKLAHOMA 24 KANSAS 0
* Kansas State goes up 24-0 on West Virginia with 4:27 remaining in the first half. They are just plowing through WVU.
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT THE 25-YARD LINE
* Justin Brown's 90-yard punt return is the fifth longest in OU history.
* Javon Harris picks off the pass from Cummings and returns it to the KU 47-yard line.
OU TAKES OVER AT 47-YARD LINE
* OU really playing well in all phases tonight. Making this a much bigger blowout than the offensive numbers would indicate.
* OU hits Kenny Stills down to the 15-yard line. Play being reviewed. Ref announced "we were paged before the last play." Paged? What kind of outdated technology are you guys using?
* Pass now ruled incomplete.
* Amazing pass on 3rd-and-10 to Sterling Shepard for 31-yard gain down to the 16-yard line.
* Damien Williams has just three carries for 8 yards with 6:08 remaining in the first half.
* 3rd-and-1 and it's Belldozer time.
* 1st-and-goal from the 4-yard line. Sooners take out the Belldozer. Kansas first team I've noticed that have brought in extra DTs to defend the Belldozer.
* Damien Williams a 4-yard TD run to increase the OU lead to 30-0 with 5:12 remaining in the first half.
OKLAHOMA 31 KANSAS 0
* Landry Jones now 12-of-17 for 184 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT.
* Kenny Stills has 4 catches for 66 yards and 1 TD. Leads in catches and yards.
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT THEIR OWN 18-YARD LINE WITH 5:07 REMAINING IN THE FIRST HALF
* Sooners working in Jordan Phillips at defensive tackle on this series.
* Kansas misses opportunity for first big offensively play deep into OU territory after pass falls incomplete off KU receiver's hands near OU 20-yard line.
OKLAHOMA TAKES OVER AT THE 24-YARD LINE WITH 2:25 REMAINING IN THE FIRST HALF
* KSU takes a 31-7 lead into the halftime locker room in Morgantown.
* Brennan Clay takes over for a 41-yard rush on 1st-and-10. OU at the KU 35-yard line in just one play.
* Jones hits Stills for 15 yards and OU at KU 20-yard line. Jones hits Stills again for 11 yards to the 9-yard line.
* OU is turning this 2-minute drill into a 1-minute drill.
* Justin Brown drops a TD pass in the endzone. He had his defender beat but just couldn't haul it in.
* Jones then hits Sterling Shepard on the very next play for a 9-yard TD pass. OU takes a 37-0 lead with 1:12 remaining in the first half.
OKLAHOMA 38 KANSAS 0
* Landry Jones now 15-of-23 for 219 yards and 2 TDs.
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT THEIR OWN 18-YARD LINE
END OF THE FIRST HALF OU 38 KU 0
* College Gameday announces they are headed to Norman next week.
* Kansas QBs are a combined 8-of-17 for just 44 yards passing, 1 INT and 0 TDs.
* Landry Jones is 15-of-23 for 219 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT.
* Kenny Stills has 6 catches for 90 yards and 1 TD
* Brennan Clay is OU's leading rusher with 1 carry for 41 yards.
* Tony Jefferson leads the defense with 9 tackles.
* Total Offense: OU 286 KU 143
* First Downs: OU 13 KU 10
* The Sooners have not punted
* OU is 4-of-5 on third downs. KU is 4-of-11.
ROY FINCH TAKES OPENING KICKOFF FOR A TOUCHDOWN
OKLAHOMA 45 KU 0
Finch fielded the ball inside the five-yard line and returned the kickoff the entire way.
* That's two special teams touchdowns for the Sooners tonight.
KANSAS TAKES OVER ON THEIR OWN 24-YARD LINE
* That didn't take long. Kansas punting.
OU TAKES OVER AT 14-YARD LINE AFTER PUNT FIELDED DANGEROUSLY BY BROWN
* OU still has starters in game up 45-0. How long will that last?
* 39-yard pass play from Jones to Brown down middle of field. Landry's really thrown the ball well down the middle of the field tonight.
* OU at the KU 35-yard line until Damien Williams shows his flashiest run of the evening. a 10-yard juke and jolt.
* 25-yard TD pass to Trey Millard right down the middle of the field. Was just like the pass he dropped early in the game, but he was even more wide open there. Sooners take a 51-0 lead.
OKLAHOMA 52 KANSAS 0
* Landry Jones now 19-of-27 for 291 yards and 3 TDs.
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT 17-YARD LINE AFTER KICKOFF
* Starting defense still out there as well.
* KU went for a tailback pass. Javon Harris defended well.
* OU had Saunders and Colvin on the field at the same time on that punt (Two 14s on the field at the same time). KU ends up getting a first down instead of punting it away.
* OU now has Jalen Saunders back to receive the punt. Colvin nowhere to be found. Flag down during a very nice Saunders punt return. Then flags down near the KU bench.
AFTER THE PENALTY MADNESS OU TAKES OVER AT THE 25-YARD LINE
* Landry Jones hit for a 16-yard intentional grounding penalty. It was 2nd-and-26. Now it's 3rd-and-17.
* With 4:52 remaining in the third quarter, Tress Way comes in for his first punt of the night.
* According to OU sports information, the Sooners have never had a punt return for a TD and a kickoff return for a TD in the same game. First time in history it has happened.
* The stands are thinning out a bit. Should make for a quick drive home for the Locker Room show on WWLS.
* Kansas converts a 3rd-and-17 with a 52-yard pass play. Basically a throwback to the RB opposite trips on the right side.
* Kansas in OU territory at the 26-yard line.
* Actually if KU scores, it's a great spot to put Blake Bell into the game. Kansas just scored, the game is over, it will let him run the regular offense and throw the ball a bit.
Then again, if you think that's going to happen, you haven't watched OU football the last 14 years.
* Sooners hold and Kansas comes in for a 30-yard FG attempt with 2:09 remaining in the third quarter.
* Kansas misses the field goal. Wow!
OKLAHOMA 52 KANSAS 0 with 2:06 remaining
OU TAKES OVER AT THE 20-YARD LINE
* And of course Landry Jones comes back out at QB.
* And Blake Bell comes in for Landry on second down. That was strange.
* Bell's first pass to Sterlin Shepard is a bit too high.
* Bell now faces 3rd-and-5 from the OU 25-yard line.
* Bell completes the pass to Metoyer, who falls down before the first down marker. He just had to put his head down and take one step forward but he decided to go into heavy juke mode and lost his footing.
KANSAS TAKES OVER AT THE 24-YARD LINE
* Favors sacks Cummings for an 8-yard loss.
END OF THE THIRD QUARTER
* Javon Harris gets his second interception of the night.
* Lacoltan Bester drops a Blake Bell third down conversion pass. Bell let down twice tonight by receivers on third down.
* Tony Jefferson started out making all the tackles. He's only had one in the second half. Although he still leads the team with 10 tackles tonight.
* Torrea Peterson in the game for the first time all year right now.
* A lot of P.L. Lindley and Rashod Favors.
* Lots of backups in game right now, but no Gary Simon.
* Eric Striker in the game too.
OU playing Lamar Harris and Everett and Julian Wilson, Gabe Lynn and Paulsen in the secondary.
* Headed down to the field folks. OU 52 KU 0 with 6:20 remaining.