Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
October 26, 2013
Texas Tech: Instant Analysis
We are getting set to get underway. No Jaz Reynolds in sight today and Trey Franks is wearing No. 7 and working with the receivers.
* OU defense will take the field first.
* Best guess on Jaz Reynolds would be suspension.
* Tech aggressive in taking bal out of the endzone to start the game.
* OU goes with Wade, Tapper, Ndulue as the front three.
TEXAS TECH AT THEIR OWN 28-YARD LINE
* Striker with the sack on Webb on 3rd down. Great coverage down field.
* Biggest thing about Tech is they get rid of the ball quick. OU had good coverage.
OU TAKES OVER ON THEIR OWN 44 AFTER A TERRIBLE PUNT, 31 YARDS
* Heupel runs Bell on 1st down for an 18-yard gain just to piss off you people.
* OU getting physical to start this game. Millard for about 6 yards on a carry. Dragged half the Red Raider team with him.
* OU building on the momentum this crowd showed
* Brennan Clay decided to not elude a tackler on an option pitch.
* 52-yard field goal blocked by Texas Tech.
RED RAIDERS WILL TAKE OVER AT THEIR OWN 47-YARD LINE
* Tech goes for reverse pass but Colvin had great coverage of the receiver downfield. Tech pulls it down but gets a great gain anyway. Down to the OU 39-yard line. a 14-yard run.
* OU secondary does its job again and Webb is sacked by Striker and Grissom. Tech has now lost 19 yards on consecutive plays.
* Jordan Evans called for personal foul on a play that was over. 15-yard penalty and Tech has an automatic first down it would have been 3rd-and-forever.
COLVIN INTERCEPTS WEBB AT THE TWO-YARD LINE
* Some offensive ugliness as OU passes incomplete, but delay of game called, then OU actually called a timeout.
* This game is just a mess. Brennan Clay fumbles over to Tech. Tech made a pass that may have been backwards. Aaron Colvin ran over Bob Stoops on the sideline.
* Tech got called for offensive pass interference on a play that should have been a no call.
OU STOPS TTECH AND TAKE OVERS ON THE 20
* So does Brennan Clay have to sit for fumbling now?
* Trey Franks in the game as a receiver.
* Sterling Shepard missed a block that could have sprung Damien Williams.
* A running play for a loss and an ugly pass from Bell and the offense is looking ugly again.
* Bell threw the ugliest pass on the run possible. OU has to punt. The defense is playing really well. The offense, not so much with 5:44.
* That was a 56-yard punt by Barnett
TECH TAKES OVER NEAR MIDFIELD
* Tech hasn't tried the run game much at all on OU. They have 2 yards rushing today.
* Dear Torrea Peterson, you are a defensive tackle, Webb is a quarterback, you aren't supposed to just let him go after you wrap your arms around him.
* Tech TD on a RB sweep pass to Eric Ward. 3-yard TD pass.
* Frank Shannon is out of the games with an injury. Not 100% certain just yet. Have heard something about midsection but still trying to see where they are.
* OU offense has just 58 yards of total offense at half. Bell has not looked good at all in the pass game. Some decent run game but Sooners have just 17 yards passing. Not acceptable.
* Jace Amaro getting into the action on offense for the Red Raiders. Sooners force a punt on 3rd-down from the OU 38-yard line.
* Good call to punt by Kingsbury as they bury OU at the 3-yard line.
* Looks like Brennan Clay going back out at Running back after that fumble. Still no Keith Ford.
* This became ugly offensive football on that last possession for OU. I think we may not be too far away from boo'ing.
* Bell overthrows Shepard and actually fights for the ball to keep it from being intercepted.
* Bell has now thrown for two straight third downs. Make that three straight third downs. OU offense rolling compared to the rest of the day.
* Bell is rolling on offense. Hurry up, four wide is really suiting him.
* Belldozer for about 15 yards on 4th down. Sooners finally have a drive going and have gained more yards on this drive than they did in the entire first quarter.
* Great pass from Bell to Saunders for a 15-yard TD pass.
OU 7 TECH 7
* 16 plays 97 yards 7:36 on the drive.
TEXAS TECH TAKES OVER ON THE 25-YARD LINE
* Kingsbury basically says lets screw that running stuff and is back to throwing it all over the place.
* Amaro fighting for a first down and OU strips the ball. Colvin recovers the fumble. Tapper ripped it out of there.
OU TAKES OVER AT THE 24-YARD LINE
* So Bell just threw a perfect 76-yard TD pass to Jalen Saunders. Huge play for Bell.
1 play 76 yards :11 on the drive.
OU 14 Tech 7
* That pass from Bell could be the start of something big for his OU QB career. He needed that throw in the worst possible way.
OU 246 TT 217
BLAKE BELL 9-of-16 for 177 yards and 2 TD
Rushing: Bell 8 for 39 yards
Williams 6 for 14 yards
RECEIVING: Jalen Saunders 6 for 153 yards and 2 TD
* Only two receivers have catches for the Sooners in this game, Saunders and Sterling Shepard.
START OF THE SECOND HALF
* It's raining pretty good here in Norman. OU to take possession.
SOONERS START AT OWN 14-YARD LINE
* Williams starts drive with his best run of the day.
* OU's 97 yard drive was a high tempo drive. Might be good to get back to that but you probably want to be careful with this rain.
* OU pounding out first downs on the ground with the rain falling. Brennan Clay does a great job fighting for a first down. OU at midfield now, 1st down.
* Williams running great on this drive for OU. Sooners down to the Tech 30-yard line.
* Another long TD drive by Oklahoma to start the second half. 11 plays 86 yards. It was highlighted by a Damien Williams 3-yard TD run that came right after his 32-yard run down to the three yard line.
OKLAHOMA 21 TECH 7
* Tech just poo-poo'd the #Ruckus with a pass down to the OU 30-yard line.
* Zack Sanchez victimized by Webb and Ward for a TD pass.
OU 21 TECH 14
* Sooners can't stall Tech momentum as they go three-and-out after their score.
Sooners now 5-of-11 on third down conversions.
* Tech gets a 32-yard return on the punt on a trick play on a punt return. Damndest thing I've ever seen. The return man ran to the sideline and a guy came up from the other side to field the punt and run it back.
TECH AT THE OU 42-YARD LINE
* Tech needs two plays to get to the OU 18-yard line.
* Webb fumbles the ball and it gets knocked back to the 36-yard line where Webb recovers. 18-yard loss. 2nd-and-28.
* Tech turns around and completes a 14-yard pass. 3rd-and-14.
* Tech will try a 34-yard FG. It's good.
OKLAHOMA 21 TECH 17
TECH RECOVERS AN ONSIDE KICK WILL TAKE POSSESSION AT OU 46-YARD LINE
* OU defense has been out on the field a lot lately.
OU 21 Tech 24
* Kingsbury has made all the right calls here. Trick punt return, onside kick, OU defense just dying out there.
Bell scrambles and finds Damien Williams on a broken play that ends up in a 30-yard gain.
OU TO THE TECH 45-YARD LINE
* Sooners could not afford a 3-and-out on that drive and Bell's scramble and throw to Williams gets OU offense some momentum.
* Lacolton Bester on a double reverse pass to Blake Bell ends up pulling it down and weaving his way back across the field for a 35-yard TD.
OKLAHOMA 28 TECH 24
* Geneo Grissom flattened Gabe Lynn who was trying to make a tackle.
OU 28 TT 24 END OF THE 3RD QUARTER IN NORMAN
* Tech gets it to midfield but a great tackle for loss by Julian Wilaon. 3rd-and-10 before a tipped pass ends up in the hands of Gabe Lynn at the OU 43-yard line. Sooners take over.
* Finch in the game running hard. Two straight runs for a first down. Then a third for an 18-yard gain.
* Finch another big run. Tempo on offense is furious. OU at the 18-yard line.
* Sooners at least in position to get three points back and go back up by a score here.
* Amaro tried to hurdle a Sooner early in the game. Millard just easily hurdles down to the 3 yard line.
* OU TD run by Damien Williams. Forget the field goal, Sooners cram it down Techs throat. They now have 240 yards rushing on the day.
OKLAHOMA 34 TECH 24
* Trey Millard has gone to the locker room. Trainers had surrounded him on the bench and were definitely examining his left knee. It doesn't look good for Millard.
* Tech completes a 4th-down bizarre pass that was just a jump ball. Julian Wilson just lost his man and the Tech receiver just ran right under it for the catch.
* Tech down to the 15-yard line 2nd-and-5 with 8:30 remaining.
* Sooners really need to hold to a field goal.
TECH SCORES 35-30 MISS TWO POINT CONVERSION
* I've got to head downstairs before the turn off the elevators for us. Will have full postgame coverage after the game.