Tulane: Instant Analysis
Oklahoma gets set to take on Tulane in a pay-per-view event and Carey Murdock is high atop the Memorial Stadium pressbox with his analysis of all the action.
The Sooners will be without Will Johnson and Robert Barnes, meaning Kahlil Haughton will get the start at free safety tonight.
* Mark Andrews was dressed out and going through pregame warmups and appears ready to go. Ben Powers also went through pregame warmups as well and it appears he will give it a go with a heavily taped right ankle.
SOONERS WILL RECEIVE THE KICKOFF AFTER TULANE WINS THE TOSS AND DEFERS
OKLAHOMA TAKES OVER AT THE 25-YARD LINE
* Trey Sermon is the starting RB
* Serman has two carries for 1 yard and Sooners face 3rd-and-9 to start the game. Ben Powers did get the start.
* Mayfield to Andrews converts the 3rd-down. Andrews looked like his old self.
* Flea flicker back to Mayfield. He had Mead open but Mayfield underthrew the pass.
* Mayfield deep pass to Andrews. Andrews appeared to push off and then he fumbled the ball over to Tulane.
TULANE TAKES OVER AT THEIR OWN 35-YARD LINE
* Holding penalty on Tulane. Tulane just busted a run for a first down. A QB keeper on a fullback option.
* Tulane with a 29-yard rush down to the OU 32-yard line. Matt Romar has to leave the field injured. Not a good start.
* Obo also took out a state trooper on the sideline. He was fine. The Trooper.
* Kenneth Murray just overran the play and Tulane hits the Sooners right up the middle for 18 yards. 1st-and-10 from the 11-yard line.
* 3rd-and-8. Steven Parker called for pass interference while breaking up a pass in the endzone. Was a great play by Parker. Replay does not seem to indicate Parker interfered at all.
TOUCHDOWN TULANE FROM 1-YARD OUT
OKLAHOMA 0 TULANE 7
MARCELIAS SUTTON RETURNS THE KICK TO THE 19-YARD LINE
* Rodney Anderson loses a yard on 1st down. Trey Sermon back into the game.
MAYFIELD HITS A WIDE OPEN CEEDEE LAMB FOR AN 82-YARD TOUCHDOWN.
OKLAHOMA 7 TULANE 7
TULANE TAKES OVER AT THE 25-YARD LINE
* Tulane out to midfield. Watching Murray at MIKE backer. He broke through the line but missed a tackle. Could have had a TFL. Went for a 4-yard gain.
* OU linebackers are getting into the backfield. They just aren't making tackles when they have the chance. Tulane 1st-and-10 from OU's 40. Just running up the gut.
* Parker gives up a 22-yard pass down the middle of the field. Tulane 1st-and-1o from the OU 15.
* Brantley a 14-yard TD run on the very next play. OU run defense just getting gashed.
OKLAHOMA 7 TULANE 14 WITH 4:04 REMAINING IN THE FIRST QUARTER
SOONERS HAVE GIVEN UP 103 RUSHING YARDS. SOONERS HAVE 0 YARDS RUSHING AFTER TWO POSSESSIONS
OKLAHOMA TAKES OVER ON THE 25-YARD LINE
* Abdul Adams in the game at running back.
* Abdul Adams takes a swing pass for 13 yards.
* Abdul Adams on 3rd-and-8 goes for 15 yards.
* Sooners have 1st-and-10 at the Tulane 25-yard line.
MAYFIELD HITS CEEDEE LAMB FOR A 22-YARD TOUCHDOWN
Adams had 4 carries for 37 yards on that drive.
OKLAHOMA 14 TULANE 14
TULANE TAKES OVER AT THEIR OWN 25 YARD LINE AFTER TOUCHBACK
* OU run defense has to start making tackles at some point.
END OF THE FIRST QUARTER
* Tulane has 1st-and-10 from their own 39-yard line.
* Tulane picks up 3rd-and-5. QB keeper. Tulane is still perfect on 3rd-down conversions in this game. 3-for-3.
Eddie Radosevich is so triggered right now. Sherri Coale is on the jumbotron during this timeout.
* Brantley picks up a 4th-and-inches. 1st-and-10 from teh OU 40-yard line. Overton was replaced in the lineup by Faamatau.
PARNELL MOTLEY PICKS OFF BRANTLEY AND RETURNS IT 77 YARDS FOR AN OKLAHOMA TOUCHDOWN
OKLAHOMA 21 TULANE 14
TULANE TAKES OVER AT THEIR OWN 25-YARD LINE
* Caleb Kelly went for Brantley's knee it looked like. Kind of an ugly look there.
* Time of possession is going to be nuts in Tulane's favor.
* Tulane back to gashing this OU defense with the run game. They are in OU territory at the 36-yard line with 7:45 remaining before half.
* Caleb Kelly did a nice job filling the gap. 3rd-and-6 now.
* Parnell Motley tackles Tulane QB for a 6-yard loss. 4th-and-10.
OKLAHOMA TAKES OVER AT THE 5-YARD LINE AFTER A QUICK KICK ON 4TH-AND-10
* Mayfield to CeeDee Lamb for a 25-yard gain.
* Marcelias Sutton with a 9-yard flashy run.
* Sutton for 14 yards. He's a darter. Just running quickly through holes. Sooners are into Tulane territory.
* OU runs a reverse for a TD but CeeDee Lamb called for a blindside targeting blocking foul.
* Replay officials hold up the targeting call on Lamb. He is ejected from the game.
* Crowd was as pissed as they could be. People were throwing things out of the stands onto the field. That doesn't happen very often.
* Magical reception by Mark Andrews to convert the 1st-and-22.
MAYFIELD HITS ABDUL ADAMS FOR A 20-YARD TOUCHDOWN
OKLAHOMA 28 TULANE 14 WITH 2:34 REMAINING BEFORE HALFTIME
TULANE TAKES OVER AT THEIR OWN 22-YARD LINE WITH 2:28 REMAINING IN FIRST HALF
* Emmanuel Beal in on the tackle. No gain on 1st down.
* Gallimore tackles Brantley for a loss. Sooners take a timeout with 1:51. Tulane facing 3rd-and-10.
OKLAHOMA TAKES OVER AT THEIR OWN 41-YARD LINE
* Lincoln Riley will punt it on 4th-and-3 from OU's 48-yard line
TULANE TAKES OVER AT THEIR 20-YARD LINE WITH :58 REMAINING BEFORE HALF
END OF THE FIRST HALF
TOTAL YARDS: OU 331 TULANE 224
BAKER MAYFIELD: 11-OF-16 FOR 250 YARDS AND 3 TDS
CEEDEE LAMB: 4 CATCHES 131 YARDS AND 2 TDS (EJECTED FOR TARGETING)
ABDUL ADAMS: 4 CARRIES FOR 37 YARDS, 1 CATCH FOR 20 YARDS AND 1 TD
START OF THE SECOND HALF
TULANE STARTS AT 25-YARD LINE AFTER TOUCHBACK
SOONERS HOLD AND TAKE OVER AT 20-YARD LINE
* Marcelias Sutton 9 yards, Abdul Adams 12 yards. Sooners are moving.
* Drive stalls. Baker just threw deep too many times.
SEIBERT PUNT GOES OUT OF BOUNDS AT 15-YARD LINE. 1ST-AND-10 TULANE
* Gallimore starting to make more plays on the interior after half.
* Sooners force a 3-and-out.
OKLAHOMA TAKES OVER ON THEIR OWN 30-YARD LINE WITH 8:12 REMAINING IN THE THIRD QUARTER
* Marcelias Sutton with a 9-yard TD run. It was setup by an Abdul Adams 49-yard run down to the 21-yard line. Adams is now OU's leading rusher by a wide margin. He has 7 carries for 93 yards.
OKLAHOMA 35 TULANE 14 WITH 5:58 REMAINING IN THE 3RD QTR
TULANE TAKES OVER AT THE 25
* Obo tackles QB for a 2-yard loss.
* Obo sacks QB and he fumbles but Tulane OL jumps on it. Punt almost blocked and OU takes over in Tulane territory.
OKLAHOMA TAKES OVER AT TULANE 41-YARD LINE UP 35-14
* Ref crew takes away a P.I. against Jeff Mead on 4th-and-medium.
TULANE TACKES OVER AT THEIR OWN 35-YARD LINE ON DOWNS
* Kenneth Murray tackles Tulane QB for a 2-yard loss.
* Gallimore QB sack. Tulane punts
OKLAHOMA TAKES OVER
END OF THE THIRD QUARTER
* Tulane had just 8 yards of total offense in the 3rd quarter.
* Tulane was 4-of-7 on third down conversions in the first half. They are 0-for-4 in the second half.
MAYFIELD HITS JORDAN SMALLWOOD FOR AN 11-YARD TOUCHDOWN PASS.
OKLAHOMA 42 TULANE 14
* You would think that would do it for Baker Mayfield. 13:35 remaining in the game. This one is all but over.
KENNETH MURRAY RECOVERS FUMBLE. OUT TAKES OVER AT TULANE 35.
KYLER MURRAY IN THE GAME AT QB
* Trey Sermon with some quality carries here late. He didn't do much early and then OU went with Adams and Sutton as the hot hands.
TREY SERMON 11-YARD TD CARRY
OKLAHOMA 49 TULANE 14 WITH 10:29 REMAINING IN THE GAME
* We've got less than 8 minutes remaining. Time for me to head to the postgame. More from the postgame soon.
* Lots of freshman out there on defense right now making plays. Great tackle for loss as Tre Brown and Addison Gumbs combine.